8. Pedaling while standing up.
9. Misuse of Dad’s tools.
10. Rhyming “chest” and “breast” in a rap song.
11. Thinking the 3G iPhone is the third generation of iPhone.
12. Buying any milk that isn’t whole milk.
13. Not liking the “Bourne” movies.
14. Not knowing anything about what you are selling on Craigslist.
(Bonus: Not laughing at this.)
Go ahead, guess what that is.
No, it’s not backed up puke water.
No, it’s not what my shoes looked like after soaking for a night.
No, it’s not the new trend of “sink tea.”
That’s the water I used to handwash a wool shirt that I had just bought from Goodwill.
Thanks a lot Flickr!
Enjoy another FrURLSday my friend!
Ben Heck does it again – Xbox 360 in a Pelican case
MattyGtheMusician – This is an impressive example of walking the thin line between douche bag and awesome dude (note the sideways hat.)
Alt Text: Witness Protection – Nerd Cartoon
Palm Unveils it’s iPhone Killer – Accidentally dooms it’s success by releasing it on Sprint (HA!)
It’s going to be tough, but I’d like to know what you would rather have, a crab claw instead of a hand or a monkey tail growing out of your lower back. Carefully weigh your options:
Yes, you could suspend yourself from the monkey tail.
Yes, you could crush a skull with the crab claw.
Here are visual interpretations of what my life could have been like if I were born with these animal appendages.
Seriously guys, I’d like to know what you would go with.
Big ups to Flickr for hosting these awesome images.
I can carry all of my laundry back to my room without dropping anything.
I can bake a hell of a Digiorno pizza.
My girlfriend can frequently be seen modeling for book covers or Martha Stewart magazines.
I played the dead boyfriend in Matt Perez’s film at Rockport College (scene deleted).
I have more brown pants than your UPS guy.
I once kicked Jason Bourne’s ass.
There’s a 50% chance I am my parents favorite child.
I occasionally get to use a machete at work.
I give blood.
I can drink more milk than you can water.
I can make faces like this:
I love it more than you could ever imagine!
Oh hello friends, welcome to another FrURLSday. Enjoy.
GoDaddy Ad from 2007 – Still one of my favorite commercials ever.
EVERYONE CHILL Barack’s Got This!
Sarah Palin 2009 Calendar – Why wasn’t I told about this before Christmas? (Top 3 people I would buy this for: Amy Weishaar, Virg, and Tina Fey)
Crazy 4 Cult 2 – Who knew art could be this cool? My fav.
Honda Rebel 250 converted to electric – I’ll just put this on my To-Do list.
Image hosted by Flickr.
So I mentioned to Ashlinn that New Year’s Resolutions never really work for me, and I am going to start doing New Month’s Resolutions instead. She told me that was the most Adam Belanger thing she’s ever heard and I should sue myself for impersonating my own self.
Regardless, before February I will:
1. Finish refurbishing and sell my Bardwell & McAlister 2k fresnel.
2. Finish reading World War Z
3. Eat more vegetables.
I just got back from the holiday in Maine and I noticed a few things. I present to you Stuff Maine People Like:
1. Boots – My parent’s breezeway has a shelf containing only boots. Some of them don’t even fit anybody’s feet. One look at L.L. Bean’s boot page will confirm this.
2. Typar – I’ve never seen as many houses covered in Typar as I do in Maine. Apparently you don’t have to pay as much for home insurance if your house isn’t completed, so people will put off certain parts of construction for as long as possible. That’s yankee ingenuity right there.
3. Uncle Henry’s – Mainers hate throwing anything away if it can be reused for something else. If we finally do come to the conclusion that we have no use for something (or we have better use for it’s worth) then we go straight for the back page of Uncle Henry’s. It predates Craigslist by nearly 30 years, and is still printed on an ancient material known as “paper.” Even the Wall Street Journal can’t stop raving about it. I especially like the part where they talk to Warren Sylvester, owner of Warren’s Wood Stoves in Warren, Maine.
4. Coffee Brandy – The Champagne of Maine is the top selling liquor in Maine for over 20 years. The 1/2 gallon bottle of Allen’s Coffee Brandy sells 98,000 cases every year, and it’s only competition is, of course, the liter sized bottle of Allen’s Coffee Brandy.
“It’s an ideal food for crime” says Portland defense lawyer Thomas J. Connolly. More hilariously disturbing quotes can be found here and here, which includes a photo from former Rumford dive, The Barn Board.
5. Patrick Dempsey – I don’t actually know if Mainers like the Grey’s Anatomy star and Lewiston native, but they certainly have reason to. In the last few years he has donated butt loads of money to cancer research and treatment, and has recently funded the opening of The Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing at CMMC with a cool quarter million dollars. The DCCHH is not only trying to help fight cancer, but also putting a lot more emphasis on education of cancer with a cancer resource library, a dedicated space for support group meetings and a toll-free assistance line providing information on local, state and national resources for those living with cancer. Just last week Dempsey announced The Dempsey Challenge, a 100 mile 1 day cycling event that will bring more funds into The Dempsey Center. It takes place in October, and Dempsey himself will participate in the ride.